Look no further for your next role! Drillers Service (DSI), is hiring for a Territory Sales Representative! This is an incredible opportunity with a well-reputed company offering fantastic perks! This sales role manages an established territory (very little cold calling) with limited travel, allowing you to be home every night. This a salaried and commissioned based position offering bonus eligibility, a company vehicle, and the opportunity to earn amazing dealer incentive trips! If you’re a motivated, energetic, customer-service oriented sales professional or have a background in the water distribution industry, apply today!
Drillers Service (DSI), founded in 1954, is part of the largest national wholesaler (a division of Headwater Companies www.headwaterco.com ) in the United States, specializing in water equipment components for the residential, commercial and irrigation systems installed by our customer, the professional contractor. (no homeowners). We are known in our local markets as having quality service, long-term quality people, and representing only the top manufactures in the industry. DSI is a subsidiary of Franklin Electric, a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol FELE.
What We’re Seeking
We are seeking a dynamic, customer driven Territory Sales Rep for our Millersville branch covering parts of Maryland, Northern Virginia and Delaware. This position is responsible for promoting and selling products and services, on a commission basis, through good customer service and effective sales techniques. In this role, you will implement sales initiatives and strategies for an assigned group of customers or market category. You will drive demand for company products and services by providing broad support to customers that includes professional level assistance with purchases, information and training on product offerings and functionality.
About the Role
• Travel to customer location to present company products, services and pricing information in a professional manner
• Submit appropriate paperwork to management such as expense reports and call reports in accordance with company requirements
• Maintain appropriate records for the development of sales forecasts, territory potential, work load analysis, call programs and delivery/sales routes
• Collect and report competitive information to management
• Attend training activities and trade shows to present information regarding company products and services
• Assist company in collections; in addition to preparing analysis of products and prospective customers
• Recommend the addition of new products and the modification/deletion of present products to the company’s offering, as appropriate
• Provide professional level support on product information related to functionality, performance and price
• As applicable, manage the order process in a professional manner
• Recommend products and services that effectively meet customer needs
• Provide accurate information for documenting customer orders
• Apply advanced level product knowledge to assist customers
• Understand and support established sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective service to customers
• Research trends and technical developments through related publications and training sessions to maintain current knowledge to specifically meet customer requests
• Receive and resolve customer complaints and problems in a timely manner in cooperation with management
• Assist in the field training of any salesman as requested
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area
• Perform other related duties as needed
Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of 3 years of sales experience OR industry knowledge preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence through knowledge and expertise
• Ability to learn and understand product functionality, customer needs and product offerings
• Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information
• Acceptable MVR per Automobile Insurer guidelines; must be able to meet this requirement during annual insurance review
• Must enjoy interacting with customers, providing excellent customer service, and having a good time!
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
What You Get
• Competitive salary and commission plan based on experience
• Bonus eligibility
• Annual merit increases (performance based).
Time Off – 20 days in your first year!
• 10 Days of Paid Time Off (PTO) (increasing after year 1)
• 10 days of Paid Company Holidays
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance & 401k, Wellness Perks, etc.
• New leased trucks!
• Large stable company that is managed by local, long-term management teams
• Family-oriented organization with long term employees
Still want more?
• DSI loves to promote from within! Upward mobility is attainable for those that work hard for it.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.